Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for LARGE HAILSTONES, HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Mid North Coast, Northern Tablelands and parts of Northern Rivers, Hunter and North West Slopes and Plains Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:29 pm Sunday, 16 December 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Taree, Armidale, Tamworth and Moree.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:30 pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in Sydney Newcastle Wollongong or surrounding areas, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Nambucca Heads (30.6424°S, 153.0029°E, 25m AMSL) Nambucca Heads,NSW set as my default location ›
7 day forecast
Today: Cloudy. Very high chance of showers, most likely during the morning and afternoon. A thunderstorm likely, possibly severe. Winds NE 25 to 35 km/h decreasing to 15 to 25 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 24 to 30.
Forecast for Nambucca Heads (30.6424°S, 153.0029°E, 25m AMSL) Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Summary Minimum 22° 20° 20° 20° 20° 21° 18° Maximum 28° 28° 30° 28° 33° 28° 26° Chance of rain 60% 60% 40% 50% 50% 80% 80% Likely amount 10-20mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm 1-5mm UV index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 26
Wind direction NE NE NNE NE NNE NE W ESE NNE NE SSW SSE SSE SSE Relative humidity 87% 88% 84% 79% 81% 75% 83% 78% 81% 68% 78% 78% 83% 77% Dew point 23°C 24°C 22°C 24°C 21°C 25°C 21°C 24°C 22°C 26°C 21°C 22°C 19°C 21°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Nambucca Heads (30.6424°S, 153.0029°E, 25m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter 5:11am EDT 5:39am EDT 7:47pm EDT 8:15pm EDT 1:10pm EDT 1:13am EDT Waxing gibbous Full moon Dec 23 Last quarter Dec 29 New moon Jan 06 First quarter Jan 14
Temperature in 7 days
Temperature in 7 days Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 28 28 30 28 33 28 26
Rain in 7 days
Rain in 7 days Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 20 5 0 0 0 10 5